I tried to solve last vfyw last night.
Actually, I got stuck in Bosnia which had similar type of building, green areas, mountain, similar types of mosques.
- mosque minaret & worn wall => middle east
- other clues:
- mountain, green landscape
- building white with red roof
- roof => rain
- rain & mountain => near sea
- google image search (red roof building with white walls) => I got some buildings with red roof and white walls which were similar.
- google image search (red roof building with white walls + mosque) => first image was a picture of a mosque that was somehow similar and it was labeled Mostar, Bosnia
- google search Bosnia => saw similar buildings and mosques
- Mostar has a river
- wikipedia for Bosnia ==> Sarajevo is an option since it was a big city
- google satellite says Sarajevo has mountain too
- google image search (mosques in Bosnia) ==> Couldn’t find the same mosque
- gave up!
Fortunately, the winner documented his work here:
ps: VFYW stands for View From Your Window contest.